Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Waaah!

So here I sit, my nose is running and I'm feeling like crap. I'm not really sure if I have a cold or not. It feels like more like major sinus problems. I'll probably feel better just in time to go to work tomorrow.

So the fall out has happened with my mother. I told her or should I say my husband told her that we were no longer attending the Catholic church. Well, she was fine that night, but ended up calling me on my birthday the next weekend telling me I am going to hell. Isn't that amazing! How could you tell your own child that she is going to hell. I wish I would have thought faster and said that was fine because I would be joining all her grandchildren that she's told are going to hell because they didn't marry a catholic boy or girl. I wish that she would just love me for who I am.

I have moved on from that day. I should be used to that by now. My mother has not been my greatest supporter. She's always praised my cousins or other kids before she has me. I have a group I go to once a week and I've found some of my power that I've lost years ago. Some of the self-esteem that my mother has taken. Funny, that it is a group from the new church I am attending. One that actually cares about other people instead of preaching that your going to hell every time you break one of their rules.

Well, it is almost Christmas. My mother hasn't talked to me for almost a month and I'm not holding my breath. She holds grudges for months. Do I feel guilty? Not a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment