Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

What a day!

I thought I had a real good day! You see I was doing Powerpoint at a Women's Encounter. A day where you listen to other women's stories and you throughout the day you find out that you are not alone, that there are other women out there with the same problems as you. Well it was a very emotional day. I cried, I laughed, I served the people of this day. I felt really good about it, though in some places I did feel alone in a room full of people.

You see, this day is put on by the church I just joined a year and a half. A church I threw myself into within just a few months. I know enough people to feel comfortable in places, but not enough people to feel safe within a room. Today was one of those days. I knew a few people.

But I still felt energized when I went home and tried to talk to my husband when I got home, but ooops, the football game was on. How could I interrupt that very important game. So I went upstairs and changed and after supper listened to music. Music has always been my savior.

I also switched from a laptop to an iPad, which is daunting. I love getting new stuff, but I had the change that you have to go through to get it all set up. Me not being technology savvy. Oh dear. Maybe I should just have kept my laptop, but I do love my iPad.

Oh well, another Saturday over. Will I get through this change. Sure.

Maybe this week I will have something happy to report, because this week my dreaded boss is gone on a trip. I may be able to get something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment