Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I need a new job!

I knew I should have stayed home yesterday! I had a headache and was not looking forward to a meeting I had. She wanted a job done that day, she was disappointed that I had misplaced a chart I had made months ago. I went back to my office feeling 2 inches tall.

Then my main employer comes in and asks me to have some notes done that day. I feel my arms stretching in two different directions. But I still had hope... "The job postings come out today!" I said to myself. Every ten minutes I went to look if they were up. Nope, still last weeks. Then there they were and the groan I made could probably have been heard all over the fourth floor. Nothing. I feel so under educated. Things have changed. If you don't have more than a business college, you are nothing. What about experience. What about 30 years of experience.

I missed two coffee breaks yesterday. That was major since it was treat day and someone's 50th birthday.  But I got the notes done and approved. And my boss even thanked me. That should have been good for something right?

There is always next weeks posting. But I'm afraid I passed up two jobs that I could have got and now there is nothing more out there. Something has got to come. I am feeling the stress. I actually fell asleep in the bathtub last night. Wow!

1 comment:

  1. "fell asleep in the bathtub??" Um....did you know you could have drowned????????

    Be careful!!!

    Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete